Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
What is the Operations Development Program?
The Operations Development Program is a two-year program designed to provide complete exposure to Timken's manufacturing and manufacturing support functions to develop future leaders within the company.
The program consists of four challenging assignments, each six months in duration. The first two assignments will be completed in one location (plant) then the program participants will relocate to a second location (plant) for their third and fourth assignments. The four assignments will take place in 1) continuous improvement/lean, 2) manufacturing operations supervision, 3) quality advancement, and 4) supply chain.
The program includes various professional development trainings and on the job training during each assignment. There is an ODP cohort of participants that advance through the program together to attend trainings, network, and present to leadership throughout the year. In addition, participants will be mentored by, and have significant interaction with, senior operations leaders throughout the company.
After completion of the program, permanent assignments will be in one of our manufacturing facilities, on an engineering team, working in quality or in a supply chain group in one of our U.S. manufacturing locations.
Are You up for the Opportunity?
We are looking for December 2019 or May 2020 graduates with the following background and experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Material Science
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above highly preferred
- Manufacturing internships/co-ops and/or other engineering related internships highly preferred
- Leadership skills demonstrated through academic, extra-curricular, military service or employment experiences
- Ability to learn quickly
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be open to relocation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.