Philadelphia Gear's world-class engineering and technical staff provides our extensive customer base across the globe with a full-range of power transmission solutions for the world's Energy, Infrastructure and Defense industries. Philadelphia Gear customers depend on high-quality, reliable power transmission equipment to lower the cost of operation and reduce down time, while producing at the highest levels. Philadelphia Gear is ready to meet these challenges, bringing over 100 years of experience providing gearing for various industrial applications.
Timken Gears & Services' Philadelphia Gear brand has a current opening for an Environmental Health and Safety Analyst - Paralegal. Areas of support include EH&S, Operations, Legal, and Human Resources with primary focus on EH&S matters.
- Preparation, implementation, and maintenance of environmental, health and safety programs with the aim of eliminating accidents, property loss, harm to the environment and compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
- Maintains complete accident statistics, records, and files, including OSHA logs.
- Drug and alcohol policy maintenance and administration.
- Take part in implementing and maintaining quality control programs and paperwork as applicable to the EH&S role. This includes timely management, training and oversight for tracking and recording tasks in the company's system for EH&S compliance, currently Gensuite.
- Managing of 3rd party safety audit databases ie: ISN.
- Managing the company's database of sales representative agreements.
- Support of other functions as needed.
- Support management of the company's workers' compensation and medical leave cases.
- Degree in paralegal studies
- Minimum of two years paralegal experience required.
- Prior experience in EH&S is a plus.
- Experience and ability in using MS Office and other standard computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams.
- Willingness and ability to visit various job sites to audit/observe/etc.
- Understanding of the core legal principles for the areas of responsibility.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.