Graymont's Havelock, NB plant is hiring an Industrial Electrician. Must be Red Seal Certified with 5 years' exp. $31.07/hour with great overtime potential.
Canada - NB - Havelock
Graymont (NB) Inc. is seeking applicants for a certified Red Seal Industrial Electrician at our Havelock location. Applicants will need experience with medium voltage, operating various test equipment, and trouble shooting in an industrial plant environment. Experience with Allen-Bradley PLCs and related controls equipment is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Inspect, calibrate, test and measure the functionality of instrumentation, including pressure and flow meters, electronic and pneumatic controllers, level indicators and controllers, pressure and temperature transmitters, switches and gauges, recorders, etc.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair control panels and components, motor circuits, building and lighting circuits, and control circuits.
- Work from technical manuals, schematics, drawings, sketches, SOPs, written and verbal instructions.
- Working knowledge of electrical drawings, troubleshooting, and repair at a level obtained through 3 years of experience as an Electrician in an industrial setting
- Work with other functions throughout the organization.
- Troubleshooting experience to include:
- Motor and power control circuits
- PLC's and their use in diagnosing machine problems
- Analog and digital DC drive systems
- AC drive systems
- Process control systems
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical and electronic systems of the production equipment and physical plant.
- Provide electrical and/or electronic expertise to managers, supervisors and other employees as needed.
- Collect equipment operation and history data to facilitate reliability improvements.
- Must be willing to work a majority of overtime under the circumstances of the job including emergency situations.
- Efficiently inspect equipment that has failed, diagnose the problem, and come up with a safe repair procedure in a timely manner to get the equipment back in production.
- Safety rules and regulations, good housekeeping, and clean-up procedures must be followed on all jobs.
- Perform other work as assigned by supervisor.
- Work in a safe manner and follow all safety rules both plant specific and WCB regulations pertaining to each task performed.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a licensed industrial electrician.
- Experience in Industrial manufacturing environment required.
- Understanding of schematic diagrams and equipment drawings.
- Possess methodical approach to troubleshooting and good analytical skills.
- Must have strong electrical knowledge of high and low voltage electrical systems, breakers and power distribution systems, motors, motor control equipment, instrumentation, PLC's and AC/DC drive systems.
- Experience in programming and working with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) is an asset.
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); JD Edwards System, a plus.
- Applicant must have and maintain in effect a current NB driver's license.