Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This role assist with general Accounting related activities, reporting directly to the Manager, Accounting & Consolidation. The essential responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Complete month-end and quarter-end closing procedures including journal entries and account reconciliations accurately, timely and in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Complete fluctuation analysis of monthly financial statements and provide explanations for significant variances.
- Gain SAP, Hyperion Financial Management, and OnBase experience.
- Ad hoc project work focusing on process and procedure controls and compliance with SOX, and any additional areas where help is needed.
The basic qualifications that candidates must possess to be considered for this internship position are as follows:
- Must be a rising Junior or Senior, enrolled in a full-time Bachelor's degree program (12 semester/credit hours) at an accredited four-year university
- Must be enrolled in one of the following majors: Accounting, Finance or related Business major
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.