Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we believe that well-maintained equipment is critical to providing outstanding service for our customers. As the Shop Manager, you will be responsible for hiring, training and supervising qualified employees to ensure company-owned equipment stays in top working order. You and your team will manage repairs, maintain shop cleanliness, ensure compliance with safety policies and monitor service quality. You'll play an important role in helping us deliver superior customer service by providing our drivers with safe and reliable equipment. Become a part of our rapidly growing, dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Manage maintenance team employees and contingent workers, including hiring, mentoring, scheduling, training/development, promotion, discipline and termination recommendations
- Support the Manager of Fleet Maintenance (MFM) in overseeing equipment maintenance and out-of-service equipment at outlying Service Centers supported by the shop
- Facilitate the Job Selection/Shift Bid (JSP) process for shop employees
- Oversee routine maintenance functions to ensure equipment proficiency and the highest productivity levels; ensure all work orders, including commercial work orders, are closed accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage shop cycle counts and inventory, including movement/non-movement of inventory, within assigned thresholds
- Monitor and analyze trends in parts utilization, including gains, shortages, usage, uptime and non-movement in a way that ensures the highest efficiency and productivity of the shop
- Supervise shop for safety, service, quality, efficiency, financial controls and maintenance compliance
- Ensure DOT policies, XPO's policies and other required standard work instructions are followed by all shop employees
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in fleet maintenance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Valid driver's license
- Proven strong work ethic and stable work history
It'd be great if you also have:
- Associate degree
- Current CDL
- Current ASE certifications
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Less-than-Truckload (LTL) experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively organize and present information; ability to lead and motivate others to perform at a high level
- Excellent time management skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.