Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
About This Role
Timken is seeking a Director of Investor Relations. This position will lead the Company's investor relations (IR) function, which is responsible for the planning and execution of a comprehensive, pro-active IR program, including communicating the company's financial results, performance, strategy and other developments to the financial community, and cultivating relationships with sell-side equity analysts and buy-side investors. This successful candidate will shape the IR narrative and messaging to ensure that the company's business strategy and financial prospects are fully understood by the investor community.
The primary responsibilities of the Director - Investor Relations are to (1) develop impactful messaging that effectively communicates the company's strategy, vision and performance to the investment community, and (2) drive pro-active outreach to existing and potential new investors.
Major activities include:
- Quarterly earnings - preparation of press release, presentation, prepared remarks and potential Q&A, and holding follow-up calls with investors and sell-side analysts;
- Developing overall investor outreach strategy, focused on direct engagement with targeted investors;
- Developing a sell-side engagement strategy, including analyst meetings, investor conferences and non-deal road shows in major investment hubs;
- Lead the preparation for Company trips without the sell-side (i.e., direct marketing) to visit large or prospective shareholders (often outside of the major investment hubs);
- Coordinating investor meetings at company locations;
- Educating investors about Timken and responding to investor inquiries;
- Tracking shareholder ownership trends, investor regulatory filings and managing stock surveillance as needed;
- Managing Timken's IR website;
- Coordination of the Company's Analyst Day (usually held every other year); and
- Other special projects as needed.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Company's finance/accounting, legal and communications teams in the execution of the above responsibilities.
This position also provides regular feedback to management and the Board regarding shareholder interests and concerns and peer/competitor activities. This position will also provide in depth and thorough financial analysis of: company results, sell-side analyst models and consensus estimates, stock price performance and total shareholder returns, valuation metrics and peer comparisons.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Excellent financial analysis skills, including in-depth understanding of drivers of stock valuation.
- Excellent communication and outreach skills.
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have or develop detailed knowledge of SEC Reg FD.
- Must work collaboratively with the Company's accounting/finance, legal and communications teams.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or similar major.
- Ideal candidate will have 10 years of experience in investor relations, sell-side research, capital markets, investment management and/or related fields.
- MBA, CPA and/or CFA preferred but not required.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.