Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This role assists with all aspects of U.S. tax compliance, reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Tax Operations. We are looking for an individual who possess technical and interpersonal skills, judgment and decision making abilities, as well as the ability to communicate tax concepts in ways that are useful to non-tax professionals. The essential responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Prepare U.S. federal and state tax compliance and estimated payments: Preparation and review of U.S. federal and state corporate income tax returns and estimated tax payments.
- Assist with the preparation of the Company's U.S. quarterly and annual tax provision: Work with the Senior Manager, Tax Operations and Tax team to ensure timely and accurate preparation of ASC 740 income tax calculations (quarterly and annual tax provisions) for the U.S. (federal and state).
- Assist with U.S. federal and state tax audits and related matters: May assist with preparation of audit documentation in response to tax authority requests.
- Document tax processes and identify process improvements: Provide support for other corporate tax projects and processes as needed.
The basic qualifications that candidates must possess to be considered for this internship position are as follows:
- Must be a current Sophomore, Junior or Senior, enrolled in a full-time Bachelor's degree program (12 semester/credit hours) at an accredited four-year university
- Must be enrolled in one of the following majors: Accounting, Finance or related Business major
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.