Graymont is currently seeking an experienced Mining Engineer to join the Geologic Services (Mining and Geology) to maintain short, medium and long term mine planning for the Central and Eastern Regions.
United States - WI - West Bend
Graymont is currently seeking an experienced Mining Engineer to join the Geologic Services (Mining and Geology) team to provide and maintain short, medium, and long term mine planning for surface and underground limestone mining operations in the Central and Eastern Regions, as assigned.
The Mining Engineer will work closely with quarry operations to apply and maintain mining permits, update and implement reclamation plans, assist with verification and reconciliation of production volumes, report annual reserves, and identify potential efficiency improvements and cost savings in areas pertaining to mining engineering. The position requires frequent travel (estimated up to 40% of time) including the ability to travel to and work internationally.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain mine plans for all quarries in the Central and Eastern Regions, as assigned.
- Create and update pit designs using appropriate internal standards.
- Complete applications for and maintain mine permits for the regions.
- Review and approve reclamation plans for the region.
- Perform reconciliation to verify reserves and quarry progression.
- Develop efficiency improvement assessments to track operation effectiveness for aspects pertaining to mining engineering to identify areas for potential cost-savings and/or increased efficiencies.
- Provide management for blast optimization and fines reduction studies.
- Support quarry automation.
- Complete reclamation surety evaluations and coordinate the posting of surety for mine and reclamation permits.
- Identify and manage consultants for mine planning, reclamation and permitting.
- Provide estimates of reclamation costs for calculation of Graymont's decommissioning and restoration provision (DRP).
- Insure that all mine/reclamation plans and permit requirement information is maintained within the Geologic Service's database for all Graymont quarries in the region.
- Annually verify reserve volumes at each Graymont quarry and submit as required.
- Provide technical assistance and training for quarry supervision including, but not limited to: understanding and following mine plans; survey control; reclamation techniques; and computer applications for mine/reclamation plans.
- Annually review each facility's safety, production, and reclamation performance.
- Audit royalty calculations and payments at quarries.
- Identify and manage consultants as required for mine planning, reclamation and permitting.
- Travel required up to 40% of time, mostly in the Central and Eastern US, as well as Eastern Canada.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be eligible to obtain passport and visa.
- B.S. or higher degree in Mining Engineering or related technical degree with minimum five years' experience in mine planning, both surface and underground; quarry operations preferred.
- Working knowledge of mine planning computer applications; Surpac software experience preferred
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and team skills and well organized.
- Needs to be able communicate fluently in English.
- Experience working on teams and as an individual contributor to company objectives.
- Ability to manage internal and external relationships.
- Must be meticulous and able to work independently.
- Must possess strong understanding of mining equipment, geology, and mine safety procedures.