This position can be based out of any of our northeast locations.
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Senior Security Manager, you will identify risks and minimize loss for XPO LTL through front-end security risk management programs. Your strong work ethic and attention to the small details will ensure our operations continue to run safely and securely. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Maintain and evaluate security processes, practices and policies throughout the enterprise to reduce risks, as well as limit exposure and liability
- Collaborate with guard services to develop post orders, conduct guard performance reviews and ensure compliance to contractual commitments
- Support emergency alert notification processes and escalation plans
- Conduct case sensitive investigations working with local authorities/agencies
- Complete RFI, RFQ and RFPs, providing cost-effective security solutions for business startups and existing facilities
- Statistically track data, receive, sort and file monthly reports; conduct annual risk assessments validating company compliance with established security processes; communicate identified risks across multiple business structures
- Meet with vendors to devise physical security system upgrades and enhancements; give direction on homeland security and regulatory compliance initiatives
- Create and implement security awareness training modules
- Support internal audit programs and certification processes
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years of related work experience
- 2 years of security management experience in industrial security, with experience in guard management, criminal investigations, contract review, physical security design and implementation
It'd be great if you have:
- 5 years of experience in law enforcement, including criminal investigation
- A computer-based background with knowledge in software and spreadsheet applications
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Strong communications skills, including presenting business cases
- Critical thinking and innovation skills on multiple project initiatives
- A comprehension of logistics and transportation supply chain models
- The Capability to learn new concepts quickly while working well under pressure
- Knowledge in risk and vulnerability assessments and analysis
- The self-motivation to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.