Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Member of the Compensation team, to administer, support and continuously improve (cost and efficiency) our initiatives and activities related to our global compensation systems, policies, and practices.
Responsible for support and administration related to compensation cycles; planning, maintaining salary structures, administration within SAP SuccessFactors/MySuccess, participation in compensation surveys and projects. Decision support point of contact for activities requiring compensation analysis and/or other data driven activities.
Role functions as a Compensation team member and is responsible for:
- Provide analysis and support of all compensation processes
- Support of company's Merit & Short-term incentive allocation process (company annual spend |$80M) with individual autonomy and decision authority
- Lead global merit budget setting process, with peer review/quality check
- Assist in maintaining short-term incentive (STI) plan database; capturing design, revisions, performance tracking and payment calculations (understanding and providing support to users of reporting tool)
- Support process to review and set pay salary ranges globally to ensure market competitiveness
- Supports job evaluation committee (JEC) and assists in global relativity review and conduct FLSA reviews where required (back up to JEC facilitator)
- Assists process to participate in salary surveys; analyze salary survey results
- Monitor and ensure employee and organizational data accuracy in the HRIS system
- Assists in acquisition glide path projects, occasionally involving the compensation and/or benefits teams
- Interact as necessary with senior management concerning areas of compensation support
- Communicate and educate compensation philosophy and incentive programs to employees
- Provide data and analytical results for workforce and compensation studies
- Other inquiries through the use of Excel
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor Degree in either Finance, Business, HR, IT, Accounting is required
3+ years of experience in a Business role in either HR, Finance, Systems, Analytics tools is required
Compensation experience is not required, but a plus.
- Good quantitative background with strong analytical skills; decision support capability (identification of alternatives, evaluation and recommendation).
- Results focus; experience with project and organizational skills
- Professional impact (utmost integrity, professionalism, high energy and team player)
- Good experience with and ability to use Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Organized and have the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Customer focus, communication (good interpersonal skills and ability to convey matters clearly with opportunity at technical level to be in front of senior management)
- Experience with information systems; SAP SuccessFactors/MySuccess preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.