JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
In this role you will supervise and oversee the air and ocean export department to ensure the movement of freight out of the country, in accordance with organizational policy and procedure, while complying with relevant local, country and international law and process.
- Monitor, optimize and delegate department workflow by providing support for current and new employee training; develop and mentor staff
- Develop and implement strategies for departmental growth and efficiency
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of shipments within the defined time frame
- Ensure excellent and timely customer service and communication
- Set-up new accounts and assignments, review SOPs, update account profiles
- Monitor new account status to ensure quality performance
- Provide general accounting support / function; accurate and timely billing
- Resolve problems or assign and follow-up with appropriate personnel
- Support/assist sales department as needed
- Maintain 100% compliance with export laws regulations and "JAS standards
- Other duties as requested
- The incumbent will directly and/or indirectly supervise employees
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Highly organized, able to prioritize/sense of urgency where appropriate
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership, people and process management skills
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Able to perform the essential duties of this position without posing a "direct threat" to the health or safety of self or others
- Able to interact positively and effectively with co-workers, subordinates and supervisors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of transportation industry required
- Minimum 5 years export experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience supervising and developing staff
- Strong customer service skills and outgoing personality
- Must possess understanding of export compliance regulations
- Possess working knowledge of and using standard PC applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Internet)
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The incumbent is expected to travel domestically on occasion.
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE ITS BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.