The work of the Mechanic classification includes the following: disassembly, checking and cleaning, repairing, replacing, testing, adjusting, assembling, installing, servicing, fabricating, or towing any ground equipment while in service or while undergoing overhaul and/or modification. Certifies for quality of workmanship, including signing mechanical releases on field work. May be assigned to order, receive, inventory, secure or disburse parts and supplies on or off airport facilities. May have other Mechanic personnel assigned to assist in completing an assignment. Works according to Company regulations and procedures and instructions from lead, supervisor or general manager. Completes forms connected with work assignments according to established procedures and will communicate with other Company personnel as required in a manner designated by the Company. Remain cognizant of WFS staff, security contractors, and visitors' activities and report security breaches, suspicious occurrences, or non-compliance with the site security plan to managers or via the WFS whistleblower program. Comply with WFS site security procedures for assigned warehouse and other operations. This job is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High-school diploma or GED preferred;
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends (ie. Friday, Saturday, Sunday), holidays, and days-off.
- Ability to read and work from diagrams as required.
- Paint and body experience preferred.
- Diesel experience required.
- Must possess minimum established Company tool requirements.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- May be required to possess Commercial Driver's License (CDL) depending on assignment.
- If CDL is required, then the position is subject to random Department of Transportation (DOT) drug testing.
Must Have Experience in
- DIESEL ENGINE
- GAS ENGINE
- ELECTRICAL SCHEMATICS
- DIAGNOSE AND REPAIR ABOVE WITHOUT A COMPUTER
- INDIVIDUALS THAT COME HEAVY MACHINERY IN CONSTRUCTION/CRANES/MARITIME