HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for driving and managing the successful execution of sales strategies and plans for the district. Orchestrate and direct resources to drive profitable sales revenue and growth. Optimize sales effectiveness in partnership with other district and region sales partners. Engage and inspire the team to drive profitable business results. Monitor, analyze and report on district sales results. Define and plan the district selling organization to optimize resources. Facilitate the staffing process; provide input to other channels on organizational needs, associate actions, and sales team development. Sell to key district customers.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Manages a sales territory and develops direct reports including inside and outside sales, and special products sales. Actively schedules sales meetings and events with specified accounts and prospective accounts for the purpose of bidding jobs and securing new business. Forecast and achieve budgeted sales targets for assigned sales team.
- Manages selling and customer service activities, developing and implementing sales and customer retention programs to optimize sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction. Plan, forecast and report on sales and competitor pricing, activity and tactics. Promote market and technology research.
- Plans and implements district advertising and promotional strategy and activities.
- May communicate and negotiate special pricing and product availability with top vendors in district.
- Coach, motivate and develop team. Ensure team performs account prospecting. Assign and reassign accounts as required to maximize sales performance revenue. Conduct ride-along activities and work with team to call on active customers and prospective accounts.
- Conducts ongoing recruitment and interviewing of candidates for the purpose of acquiring talent to support the attainment of business objectives. Responsible for succession planning
- Trains and provides coaching of sales associates in effective selling processes and technique.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university and 10+ years industry sales experience.
- 5+ years experience with area customer base.
- Strong sales management background.
- Product knowledge.
- Supervisory experience.
Job ID 2019-34302
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 20743
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.