Position: Senior Process and Data Analyst - Digital Transformation (for Compliance Engine/GTM)
Reporting To: VP - Global QEHSS
Duration: Full Time, Exempt
The Senior Process and Data Analyst plays a key role in supporting Agility Global Integrated Logistics' (GIL's) digital transformation efforts - specifically for the Compliance Engine/Global Trade Management (GTM) workstream. This position will provide subject matter expertise - in the area of customs and trade compliance - and detailed analytics to drive process automation, software development improvements and validation of the data/content maintained in our systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translating Business Needs: Help design the future business processes, providing "next level" details, and turning them into business requirements/user stories, based upon business priorities. Collaborate with analysts from other Agile teams, as well as other relevant organizations in co-ordinating specifications for the IT team to ensure system is being developed in an integrated fashion.
- Stakeholder Management: Work closely with our Network Compliance Centers (NCCs) and Field Implementation Team (FIT) members to help ensure awareness of software development priorities and to gather and incorporate feedback from end users.
- Data and Information Review and Validation: Actively participate and contribute to the ongoing review and validation of trade compliance content (e.g.; HS codes, export control numbers, documentation and license/permit requirements, DG/Hazmat classifications), keep up to date on new and/or anticipated standards and regulatory requirements and work with the team to incorporate those standards and requirements into our processes and systems.
- Testing and System Validation: Conducts hands-on system testing as part of our Agile efforts to ensure business requirements/user stories success criteria are met to fulfil overall goal of delivering a shippable product with each software release.
- Product Demonstrations: Participate - and lead as needed - software development review sessions (e.g. monthly, per Product Release) to make sure the software operates per agreed requirements.
- Training. Creation of training manuals, fact sheets, and training videos for compliance engine functionalities for end users.
- Working knowledge of and involvement in customs and trade compliance processes and the use of technologies that support those processes.
- Strong process orientation and analytical skills- ability to analyze and document requirements.
- 3-5 years of experience in customs (export and/or import) and trade compliance.
- Bachelors or equivalent work experience required.
- Proficient in MS Office (e.g.; Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work on complex software development projects with defined deliverables and timelines.
- Accustomed to working in fast-paced and dynamic environments.
- Positive "can-do" attitude.
- High integrity, objectivity, and independency.
- Strong soft skills - communication, collaboration, team work, cultural sensitivity Problem solving with a proactive approach.
- Team player with ability to work with cross-functional, cross cultural teams and all levels of management.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally at a high frequency - expect a minimum of one week of travel a month.
TIME & TRAVEL COMMITMENTS
Minimum travel of up to 25% to attend workshops and various meetings.
English: this position requires strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment and on all levels.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position will be defined. However, the position will require beyond normal working hours to support business needs due to team locations in different time zones.