Graymont is hiring an Electrician "B" Progression at its Pleasant Gap, Pennsylvania operation
United States - PA - Pleasant Gap
SPECIFICATIONS FOR JOB OF ELECTRICIAN "B" Progression
Rate Per Hour: $25.88 -32.15 (applicable premiums additional)
Flexible working hours
- The applicants shall (within 5 days);
- Job applicants must pass a comprehensive written and hands-on test.
- Fulfill all requirements of "C" level electrician.
- Have a certificate of completion, indicating a minimum of two (2) years schooling on industrial electricity or proof of equivalent work experience.
- Read, understand, troubleshoot, and perform electrical work from electrical schematics.
- Be capable and able to consistently perform the duties of an Electrician "B" to the fullest extent, including but not limited to:
- AC volt motor control circuits
- DC motors and controls
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Soft start AC drives
- Be experienced working with 110 Vac, 480 Vac, and 4160 Vac
- Zero speed switches, motion detectors, level controls, shunts, current transformers, and all 110 Vac and below input devices used for control etc.
- Perform substation maintenance work. Transformer connections, voltage tap changing, switch gear, over current relays, dash pots, demand meters, as well as cleaning all gear.
- Be familiar programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and the use of a laptop for trouble shooting equipment issues.
- Perform ground tests and evaluate, repair, and maintain a good grounding system.
- Have a full understanding of all electrical systems and be able to maintain same in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the current National Electrical Code.
- Perform minor cutting and carpentry jobs as related to electrical work being done.
- Operate all job-related equipment.
- Provide tools up to " drive socket and wrenches up to 1 ". (Includes wire strippers, cutters and all other necessary hand tools, including screw drivers, pliers, etc.)
- Conduit installations in a neat and professional manor (which includes cutting and chasing threads).
- Work from wiring diagrams, sketches, catalogs, and parts lists.
- Marking up drawings when dealing with a new installation (creating marked up "AS BUILT" prints).
- Efficiently inspect equipment that has failed, diagnose the problem, and come up with a safe repair procedure in a timely manner to get the equipment back in production.
- Use machinist and mechanics tools in making shop and field repairs/measurements and motor alignment.
- Applicant must have and maintain in effect a current PA driver's license.
- Be capable of performing work with minimum supervision.
- Must be willing to work a majority of overtime under the circumstances of the job including emergency situations.
- Safety rules and regulations, good housekeeping, and clean-up procedures must be followed on all jobs.
- Perform other work as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform all work assigned in relation to this job in a neat and orderly manner, satisfactory to the supervisor and management.
- Conform to company work rules.
- Report promptly anything requiring attention to your supervisor.
- Work in a safe manner and follow all safety rules both plant specific and MSHA regulations pertaining to each task performed.