Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope of Position #LI-AP1
Provide scientific and technical oversight of developments and applications regarding non-destructive evaluation for the Timken Company and its products. Particular focus on the use of electro-magnetic techniques such as magnetic particle, eddy current and Barkhausen Noise Testing for product quality assurance and process monitoring to ensure finished products meet performance requirements. Contribute to innovations regarding the application of NDE to enhance the Timken Company's technical capabilities and competencies for creation of value and strategic advantage.
- Provide technical leadership on issues surrounding NDT; both in the testing of products and manufacturing process capabilities
- Balance the requirements of various end users and compile into standard testing procedures acceptable meeting corporate standards as well as customer requirements
- Develop test methods for prototype or first time manufactured components with characteristics uncommon to standard product. Work with or develop new technologies to assess Timken products non-destructively
Tecnical/Functional Skills Required
- Level III certification in Eddy Current inspection
- Detailed understanding of eddy current science
- Network of eddy current inspection providers
- Network of eddy current inspection developers
- Working knowledge of Barkhausen inspection
- Master's degree or Ph.D in Electrical Engineering OR related technologies
- Min. 4 years' NDE related job functions and experiences (3 years' experience with Ph.D)
- 3-5 years' Industrial Eddy current inspection experience
- NDE Certification ASNT Level II or higher, ET preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.