HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Facilitates the flow of materials through the supply chain. Develops new tools and processes to support supply chain goals and objectives, including creating metrics and monthly supplier scorecards. Partners with management to improve supply chain performance and enhance collaboration with suppliers. Identifies problems through analysis and creates sustainable solutions on supply chain strategies.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develops new forecasting, order replenishment, and logistics channel decision processes.
- Analyzes and gathers supply chain best practices and develops strategies in support of supply chain business case development. Conducts day-to-day business analyses in support of supply chain activities.
- Partners with stakeholders and leadership to improve supply chain performance and collaboration with suppliers. Establishes methods for delivering monthly supplier updates.
- Supports all central replenishment activities, including meeting with vendors to collaborate inventory forecasting and replenishment strategies.
- Creates supply chain metrics, identifies methods for evaluating supply chain metrics, and audits supply chain data.
- Partners with merchants to plan for promotions, price changes, and exit strategies.
- Develops decision support tools and financial models to analyze the cost/benefit tradeoffs of inventory. Analyzes multi-tier distribution channels to determine cost and service level tradeoffs for product categories. Develops forecasting tools to support collaborative planning with merchandising suppliers.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Background related to supply chain systems implementation, channel strategy, inventory management strategy, or replenishment within a multi-tiered distribution environment.
- Skilled at maintaining business relationships with internal and external supply chain entities.
- Experience building rapport with internal partners, such as Merchandising, Accounts Payable, Data Governance, and IT.
- Proficient at negotiating solutions.
- Utilizes quantitative skills to analyze data to support business execution.
- Supports the business through ad-hoc queries, and maintains reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs.
- Develops business tools and solutions based on knowledge, product or technology.
- Identifies process improvement and optimization opportunities through strategic thinking, critical thinking and analysis.
- Interpret data based on specific knowledge of statistics and procedures used.
- Provide data to Managers and Directors to support decision making.
- Synthesize findings and derive conclusions from analysis and make oral/written recommendations to upper management.
- Execute tasks related to core operations projects and/or process improvements.
- Execute day to day processes related to their areas of responsibility.
- Communicate issues and roadblocks related to their areas of responsibility
- Analyzes and gathers supply chain best practices and develops strategies in support of supply chain business case development.
- Conducts day-to-day business analysis supporting the supply chain managers
- Performs data management through data mining & data modeling while executing day to day processes related to area of responsibility.
- Develops & maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models.
- Supports business through ad-hoc queries & maintains reports.
- Manages vendor/business partner relationships
- Oversees the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc.
- Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority
Job ID 2019-35240
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.