Overview Qualified candidates will have sales experience within the Automobile Industry Vertical.
T he Business Development Manager in the International division of Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. (YLA) is responsible for selling and matching YLA solutions for mid-sized to large size target accounts. Key responsibilities include: continuously driving revenue growth, meeting annual volumes, revenue and gross margin budgets by successfully growing business, enhancing total gross profit with existing customers and adding new customers to the portfolio each year and marketing in specific industries.
Responsibilities New Business development :
- Cultivating business development opportunities which align with the Auto industry vertical
- Accountable for targeting accounts which requires logistics solutions. Utilize a solid sales process to identify key decision-makers, understand strategic business challenges and priorities, analyze information and prioritize opportunities critical to the account.
- Thorough in-depth understanding of the industry and the customer market segment, apply appropriate sales techniques to create new business opportunities, and expand current revenue streams and achieve assigned financial goals for volume, revenue and profit.
- Expanding business/customers, marketing and research, supporting other sales in various Industry verticals but focusing on Automotive
- Expanding business/customers, providing solutions, and supporting other sales folks to those customers needing Supply Chain Solution - as member of GSCS -
- Develop actionable plans to prepare and present proposals for new business, extensions, enhancements, increasing business within each account and overcome objections to closure.
- Manage sales leads from international offices. Send sales leads to overseas offices as appropriate.
- Coordinate with global and domestic teams to develop and present proposals, customer negotiations, coordinate decision-making process, overcome objections to closure and onboard new clients.
- Responsible to generate and maintain a certain sales volume target assigned by Region and/or Division Leadership Management team
- Increase market share within existing customer base.
- Work with customers on service proposals, rate quotations, air/ocean transportation schedules for new destinations. Manage ad hoc pricing requests.
- Recommend and offer solutions for customer needs regarding export regulations, methods of loading, crating, handling freight and special equipment availability. Ensure full understanding of such requirements and service offering.
- Ensure the highest level of service by collaborating with branch operations in identifying and resolving problems and leveraging industry expertise and account management experience.
- Work with other employees/department to collect on delinquent accounts.
- Provide advisory support and assistance to other department members/ manager as needed
- Maintains accurate records in Yusen CRM of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Participate in local business activities and events to gain networking opportunities and to expose the local market to the Yusen brand and value proposition.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years' of related experience in the Auto Industry Vertical. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Direct sales experience within International Freight Forwarding is strongly preferred.
- Possesses the fundamentals and competencies which are required to be successful within the Auto Industry Vertical.
- Posseses ability to express ideas and information effectively, both written and orally. Seeks out and listens to others' ideas and suggestions.
- Demonstrates self-confidence when presenting to a small group or potential customer.
- Experience in creating successful implementation plans at the individual customer level.
- Is fact based and capable of interpreting numerical analyses. Can demonstrate an ability to translate analytical concepts and performance into terms customers can understand and act upon in relatively straight forward situations.
- Demonstrates capabilities in sales budgeting, forecasting, and management to revenue, volume, cost and margin objectives. Can demonstrate ability to read and understand typical sales budget reports.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Power-point and generally used email program capabilities.
- Ability to drive long distances and/or travel overnight as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.