HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for providing reporting, ad-hoc data and analytical support across operational areas of the business through translation of complex analytics into concise and consumable reports.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Identifies, locates and extracts data from a variety of sources for use in reporting, analysis, and statistical modeling.
- Tests, analyzes and problem solves data issues to ensure data integrity and provide technical support for end users self-service BI tool.
- Participates in analytical investigations aimed at answering specific business problems using data with an emphasis on recommending actionable solutions based on insights.
- Builds strong relationships with business partners and leaders to provide thought partnership on metrics and visualizations.
- Collaborates and provides support to multiple departments to ensure the business intelligence, analytic, and reporting needs are met with technology, architecture, processes and tools.
- Develops and maintains automated reports for daily consumption using specific formatting and presentation guidelines.
- Documents data definition and report sources and for all reports.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 2+ years' experience in database marketing analysis including analytics, response analysis, ROI analysis, customer profiling or equivalent.
- SAP BI or equivalent BI tool expertise required
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau preferred.
- Experience with database querying tools, languages and analytical platforms supporting database marketing, including SQL, required.
Job ID 2019-35114
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.