JOIN A WINNING TEAM!!
Penske Logistics in Sacramento, California
Penske Logistics is looking for warehouse associates to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
- At Penske Logistics, we are leaders in the food service industry
- Enjoy a steady paycheck, paid vacation, performance incentive plans and paid healthcare
Monday - Friday - 9:00am - 5:30pm
Wednesday - Sunday 9:00am - 5:30pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following, but are not limited to the following
- Receive incoming shipments and compare items to BOL and receiving schedule
- Count items to ensure that the correct number has been received. Compare to BOL
- Determine storage areas for incoming shipments and allocate appropriate space within the warehouse
- Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas and supervise storage activities
- Operate forklifts and electric pallet jacks
- Perform daily PIT equipment inspections
- Ascertain the quality and quantity of picked items and ensure that they are safely delivered to the delivery pallet
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks and determining safe ways of stacking items on the truck and retrieving items in a safe manner
- Inspect incoming loads for cold chain compliance
- Record damaged or defective items as appropriate
- Uses RF scanner to move product systemically through the warehouse WMS
- Ascertain that all incoming and outgoing shipments are properly labeled and that correlating documents are available with each shipment
- Compare the amount and identification numbers of goods against orders. Validates, lot code, expiration dates and quantity received
- Organize records of incoming products
- Reads customer order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Sorts and places materials or items on trays, racks or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Picks and sorts perishable goods in ambient refrigerated frozen environments.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders in trays, in crates, or on pallets.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution.
- Checks shipments for quality and accuracy.
- Under guidance of Warehouse Supervisor trains new employees.
- Guides warehouse employees in operational tasks.
- Must be flexible to work overtime if requested
- The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25/lbs12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/ 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-At least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling (using hand/power tools and hand truck) equipment experience required
-High school diploma or equivalent preferred
-Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions required
-Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexibile, excellent with numbers and time management skills required
-Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required (where applicable by location)
-Flexible to work overtime preferred
-Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
-Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.