Ocean Import Manager
The Ocean Import Manager is responsible for the daily Ocean operational performance of the branch, including commercial, financial, KPI improvement, business development and people management.
Duties of the position include:
- Manages daily operations of branch Ocean Import operations.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the Ocean Import operational staff.
- Maximizes staff and ensures proper staffing at all times – delegates appropriately.
- Ensures proper training and development of all staff, including government mandated training, such as TSA Security, DGR certification, OSHA required training and any other training as applicable.
- Maintains client relationships and meets the needs of client expectations.
- Develops and maintains customized solutions for the branch and clients.
- Manages Corporate KPI expectations and enforces Company standards & vision.
- Works with General/Branch Manager to manage the Ocean Import budget and sales results.
- Works with General/Branch Manager to oversee local financials including, A/R, A/P, overtime, and other financial aspects as outlined by the General/Branch Manager.
- Supports local, regional and global sales and branches to sell, win and maintain business.
- Works with Corporate, General/Branch Manager and licensed Customs Broker to maintain regulatory compliance, laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent related work experience.
- 5 years of experience working in logistics or a related discipline with progressive supervisory and management responsibility.
- Working knowledge of operations processes as handled in the Branch, specifically Ocean Import operations.
- Ability to motivate individuals to perform and achieve organizations goals and financial performance requirements.
- Proficient in Windows programs, specifically word, Excel and Power Point.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.