United States - NV - Carlin
The Carlin, NV terminal is strategically located adjacent to some of Graymont's largest customers. The Carlin Terminal has two 2,000 ton quicklime silos, and a 500 ton hydrate silo. This Terminal will transload quicklime and hydrated lime from truck and rail into these silos, and then into trucks that deliver the product to our customer base in the area.
The successful candidate will provide support for the Carlin Terminal, ensuring safe performance, environmental compliance, efficient operation of equipment, and excellent customer service. Reporting to the Northern Nevada Terminal Manager, you are, a team player, and will support a culture of continuous improvement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the highest standards and performance are achieved in terms of safety, operational efficiency, and customer service.
- Maintain effective relationships with customers, carriers, suppliers, local and state governments and the local community.
- Verify, repair, and do preventive maintenance on all site equipment as required.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Unload Hydrate and Quicklime rail cars.
- Load and unload inbound and outbound trucks.
- Perform and maintain daily paperwork.
- Working alone with little to no supervision.
- Other assigned tasks.
- Plant or terminal operations experience (maintenance, safety, environmental compliance).
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Working in adverse conditions - both high and low temperatures.
- Strong organizational skills as well as proven trouble shooting and decision making skills.
- Strong maintenance background. Welding and cutting skills a plus.
- Computer literate - knowledge of Microsoft Programs and JD Edwards