Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. It's time for you to Make It with Mondelēz International.
The Manager Cocoa & Chocolate NA will support in building & be responsible for executing sourcing strategies and all executional tasks related to cocoa & chocolate cocoa products for NA region .
- Supports the Strategy build and execution of key supplier relationships programs across the spend area, developing a supplier strategy
- Leads the spend area specific strategic plans in alignment with the regions & cateogries, including resource plans, to deliver productivity and financial KPIs of the spend area
- Minimizes operational risk by in close partnership with Quality team to ensure strategic suppliers footprint is compliant with all MDLZ quality policies (specifications approvals, sites audited and material approved)
- Drives Strategic Sourcing initiatives across the spend area being managed
Champion Key Supplier Relationships:
Define Strategy for global spend areas and manage key supplier relationships (SRM) for BC, Olam, Alpezzi and others as relevant.
Analyses and sets spend area spend baseline and spend area profile, incl. risk assessment and SRM strategy
Measures spend area practices against best-in-class benchmark to identify improvement projects
Builds spend area specific strategic plan in alignment with the regions, including resource plan
Aligns strategic plan to financial budget.
Revise and execute global sourcing strategy:
Supports the cross-functional sourcing team in all stages for a set of key strategic sourcing projects
Involves the business for actions related to supplier base optimization, KPI implementation & follow up, etc
Is part of the Procurement/ISC team evaluating make vs buy decisions
As part of team manages and optimizes, supplier performance and contracts for strategic global spend areas
Leads key strategic supplier development activities; by leading cross-functional review meetings with key strategic suppliers in order to improve performance and further reduce cost.
Knows the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; lead ethically and model compliant behavior; maintain an environment where employees can speak up without fear of retaliation; ensure employees in area of responsibility understand the compliance responsibilities of their jobs and actively participate in the compliance program Compliant behavior by employees, business partners and others
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 8 Years of relevant work experience required
- This is a Regional Role with multiple interactions expected with senior stakeholders across NA region (across categories and business areas). The person needs to be a good communicator with strong influencing skills at leadership level.
- This role is directly responsible for cocoa & chocolate being sourced, and will work extensively with C&C team across the regions & with other regional C&C teams too. The person must have strong communication skills and ability to connect remotely with team members and stakeholders.
- The person must have strong learning agility & expertise in COCOA & CHOCOLATE and build credible relationships with Business Categories, cross functional stakeholders, across all regions to gain support for executing to strategy
KPIs / Dimensions
- Building Strategies for Spend area
- Excellence of Execution of the sourcing strategies
- Productivity delivery
- Working Capital delivery
- Innovation contribution
Targets / Dimensions
- Productivity Pipeline at 120 of Target
- Aligning cross functional resources & agenda to execute strategy per plans
- Achieve 3% net productivity
- 210 days DPO, Inventory on VMI
- Contribution to topline
- Sustainability programs in line with Sourcing strategy
Finance, RDQ, Finance, ISC, Marketing teams in all four regions.
Procurement Innovation managers, AP, CPRM, LPRs.
Senior stakeholders within MDLZ
- Strategic agility
- Business acumen
- Managing vision and purpose
- Peer relationships
- Intellectual horsepower
- Sourcing Strategies
- Driving innovation
- Project management
- Financial analytics
- Legal knowledge
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.