BE A PART OF THE BEST!
Penske recently named one of the best companies to work for by Forbes Magazine!!
We are seeking an experienced supervisor to oversee and coordinate daily warehousing activities by implementing quality, productivity, production and customer service standards. Responsible for achieving the appropriate level of volume within relevant time limits. The goal is to ensure that daily operations not just meet, but exceed daily performance expectations. Additionally, you will plan participate and supervise the activities and operations of the warehouse and evaluate assigned warehouse associates.
Shift : 1st shift - start time somewhere between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
The schedule would be either Sunday - Thursday or Monday - Friday.
May be required to work additional hours/days in order to meet the business need.
- WMS experience required - familiarity with Manhattan a plus
- Experience with hiring, scheduling and managing the warehouse and associates
- Solid understanding warehouse process, including but not limited to inventory, receiving, pick and put away process and loading / unloading for delivery.
- Start-up experience highly desired
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as needed to meet the business need
- Establish and sustain that all supervisors and associates are trained and competent and understand how their work relates to the customers' business objectives
- Establish and sustain that performance standards are communicated that are specific and measurable
- Interview hourly associates and provide recommendations for hire
- Monitor attendance, productivity, and other performance standards and provide coaching and counseling to associates
- Motivate and engage associates by focusing on team accomplishments and recognition
- Supervise logistics operations including customer service, freight loading and unloading, dispatch and proper documentation and procedure control
- Conduct team meetings
- Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work methods to increase productivity of warehouse operations. Assist in new associate training
- Provide relief coverage for operational duties when associates utilize time-off or are absent from the shift
- Have a thorough working knowledge of the site's operating systems in order to ensure operational compliance and correct exception resolution
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures such as, inventory accuracy and control, returns, damages, etc.
- Understand the relationship between decision-making and profitability
- Closely manage associates' working hours and activities to minimize overtime and to meet or exceed productivity targets
- Ensure day-to-day management and associate activities are in alignment with the location safety strategy
- Provide associates with communication, training, feedback, and direction to ensure safe performance
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures
- Conduct safety observations
- Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives and work to meet and exceed these expectations daily
- Ensure the customer knows that we are committed to helping them meet their objectives
- Determine areas that could benefit from Continuous Improvement efforts
- Properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of warehouse equipment
- Work with hourly associates to ensure they understand safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Work with vendors to ensure equipment is maintained
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by the manager
-- 2 - 4 years related functional experience
-- High School Diploma or equivalent required
-- Bachelor's Degree preferred
-- Strong written/oral communication skills and the ability to actively listen are required
-- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
-- Must demonstrate ownership & responsibility to run the operation with a sense of urgency
-- Must have ability to connect and build rapport/relationships with associates and external customers at all levels
-- Must have ability to work efficiently with time management and organizational skills
-- Ability to manage through a problem and think and make decisions independently
-- Ability to drive process improvement and lead change
-- Experience with inventory management system preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
-- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.