Production Associate I needed!
As one of the largest North American industrial distributors of maintenance and construction products, HD Supply's key to success has always been our associates. Come be a part of our collaborative, innovative, fast-paced team, where meaningful work, professional development, competitive pay and benefits support our culture of wellness. Let's get to work - together. Join the HD Supply family today!
Shift: Monday - Friday, 4 am or 5am shift
Location: 550 Lakeside Pkwy, Flower Mound, TX 75028
HD Supply Offers:
- Monday - Friday Schedule
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits Eligibility after 90 days (Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Floating Holidays, Wellness Day)
- Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Perform all tasks involved in the production of products. May include rubber, stretch cord, sewing and packing. Performs one or more repetitive jobs on an assembly line or sub-assembly line to produce and assemble products.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Involves such processes as insertion of materials, clamping, fitting parts and use of some hand tools. May cut pipe to specific dimensions as required by fabrication job. May align layout marks with die and blade, position materials being joined to ensure accurate application of adhesive.
- May perform bench-type processes to complete mechanical and electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies, using hand tools, and electronic and pneumatic tooling
- May create shop drawing to indicate specific components that will be processed using the V-Groover Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
- Pack finished goods into correct packages and boxes. Place finished goods on the designated pallet.
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements. Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations. Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines.
- Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
- Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Seeking someone who has Manufacturing, carpentary, and tape measurement experience.
Job ID 2019-34557
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 75028
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.