|Position: Director of Supply Chain Solutions and Pricing|
|Reporting To: VP, Logistics|
|FLSA Classification: Exempt|
The Director of Supply Chain Solutions and Pricing will be responsible for warehousing and distribution models. This individual will report directly to the VP, Logistics. The Director will be responsible for delivering pricing solutions across the appropriate warehouses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for developing warehouse and distribution models
- Responsible for understanding of current and changing link between global transportation and the connection to S. distribution
- Responsible for compliance within warehousing and distribution models
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment on a regular basis to monitor projects and provide updates
- Responsible for exception resolution and documentation issues between internal and external customers
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of processes to ensure gains in quality and productivity on an ongoing basis
- Performs other responsibilities and completes tasks and projects as directed by management
- 5 years in freight forwarding industry with an emphasis in management role required
- Strong customer facing abilities
- Knowledge of warehouse and distribution
- Expert knowledge in air & ocean import/export operations and documentation
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience in delivering improvements in quality and productivity
*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in the United States
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Desire in driving improvements in quality and productivity
- Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
- Ability to work under time pressures
- Polished communication skills
- Ability and experience in managing others
- Ability to train and instruct others on how to perform tasks
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to travel and drive a vehicle. Travel could be up to 50%.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, however, working beyond these hours will often be required by business needs.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.