JOB SUMMARY (Briefly state why this position exists)
Process orders for daily routes through the orderly receipt, picking and loading of product. Maintains the warehouse in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Pick product for routes as defined on the pick sheets.
- Use pallets that are of good quality
- Visually inspect the product for damages and properly place on the pallet to minimize cross contamination.
- Handle products in a manner consistent with food safety procedures.
- Product that is packaged in ice shall be selected in a way that will prevent ice from melting into other cases throughout the loading and delivery process
- Take appropriate corrective actions when a spill or damaged case is discovered
- Operate all Company warehouse equipment in a safe and reliable manner. Report all equipment failures to immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that warehouse is maintained in a sanitary manner according to Company standards.
- Tracks time spent on assignments for productivity reporting on a daily basis.
- Follow proper selection procedures as established by the company.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma/GED or equivalent in experience is preferred.
Work is heavy in nature. You must be able to safely lift 50 lbs. frequently and up to 75 lbs. occasionally. Forklift operation requires the ability to hear warehouse activity.
You must be able to read at a distance close to the eyes and at arms length, with or without correction. Forklift operation requires distance vision. In addition you must be able to perform manual task, walk, stand, sit, reach, bend, communicate and interact with others.
Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current and working in high places.
A Forklift, floor scrubber and pallet jack.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION