The Master Scheduler works with Supply Chain and Manufacturing to issue production schedules in line with known demands. The Master Scheduler works with Sales and Product Management to develop and manage forecast for long range material planning while considering current inventory, obsolescence, lead times, product life cycles, and production capacity.
- Analyze inventory levels and product demands to determine reorder levels and safety stocks that will ensure product availability and minimize inventory costs.
- Drive, promote, and develop positive communication with Marketing and Sales to improve forecast accuracy.
- Develop and maintain forecast, master schedule, and procurement plan based on history, seasonality, and sales opportunities.
- Review and update forecast, prodcution schedules, and material requirements.
- Proactively review material supply and demand to determin push/pull actions appropriate to impact manufacturing MPS and supply MRP exception messages.
- Coordinate and plan materials requirements for new product introductions, including review of new BOM's and cut-in dates for build verification and production units.
- Work cooperatively with the Sourcing Engineer, Inventory Specialist, and Contract Manufactuers to implement Pre Engineering Change Orders for products or projects not yet released.
- Asess impact to materials availability and production schedule from customer sales opportunities that may be affecting demand for product over and above the plan.
- Review material shortages, stock outages, and safety stock levels while working with Contract Manufactuers, Purchasing, and Manufacturing to meet customer requirements and propose changes when needed.
- Assist in the resolution of MRP and planning discrepancies.
- Work cooperatively to implement innovative inventory efficiency programs.
- Work Closely with Buyers, Inventory Analyst, and Contract Manufactuers to determine the appropriate levels of safety stock for finished goods and components to minimize lead times.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Full fluency in MS Excel and Access
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- High level of problem solving expertise
- Fluency in materials management disciplines.