The Human Resources Representative/Generalist is responsible for performing human resources work in a variety of program areas, including recruiting, staffing, training and development, HR analytics, associate relations and support payroll processing. This position will report to the Manager of Human Resources and work closely with management providing administrative support, and ensuring associates are fully engaged to sustained business success.
- In conjunction with Human Resources Manager, manages ongoing development of Penske Logistics employees at site location.
- Acts as the Corporate Human Resources Representative - advises associates and management on the interpretation of human resources policies, programs, and procedures. Investigates associate complaints and works with Human Resources Manager to resolve.
- Evaluates human resources practices and processes and recommends appropriate revisions based on best practice research. Upon approval, works with HR team to implement revised process.
- In conjunction with HR team, develops relevant HR metrics, examines and identifies key trends in data and provides recommendations based on data.
- Performs administrative duties including wage and hour audits, preparing and revising organizational charts, HR reporting, etc.
- Provides staffing support for site by executing recruiting efforts, screening candidates, identifying the best-qualified applicants, working with Compensation to arrive at an appropriate compensation package, and coordinating the onboarding process.
- Special Assignments and tasks as assigned by the Area Human Resources Manager, such as serving on process improvement teams, coordinating small scope short term projects, etc.
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or closely related field.
• Minimum of three (3) years responsible Human Resources generalist experience including recruiting, staffing, associate relations and HR analytics.
• Working knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures utilized in recruitment, selection, training methods and concepts, classification, associate relations, and compensation.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint , Word, and Excel, including proficiency with V-look ups and pivot tables is highly desired.
• Experience with HRIS & Applicant Tracking systems.
• Proficiency in Taleo preferred.
• Ability to interpret Human Resources rules, laws, and policies.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to collect, compile, and analyze information and data.
• Ability to prepare comprehensive and complex reports.
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.