HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for the overall strategy and execution of facilities functions, as well as the planning and directing of activities and operations of supply chain development. Build partnerships with transportation and logistics teams to collectively develop and execute strategies within the supply chain network.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develops, maintains and utilizes various tools to enable effective development, education and direction of the supply chain process.
- Develops effective communication and processes with the transportation and logistics teams.
- Evaluates suppliers on best value, including service and methods, to improve field productivity and price.
- Drives usage of cost models to validate commodity strategies and to understand significant cost drivers.
- Assists in translating complex system models (Llamasoft, Tableau) into executive-level presentations with analyses and data driven recommendations.
- Schedules and executes periodic evaluations to ensure vendors are adhering to pricing contracts and agreements.
- Ensures effective response time on delivery of materials to the job sites and monitors service delivery to ensure the agreed targets and standards are met.
- Provides leadership for supply chain projects both internal and external.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- BS/BA degree in quantitative/analytical related discipline (Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, Economics, Information Systems).
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain management, preferably operations, warehouse manufacturing and/or purchasing leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing, or related field. MBA a preferred.
- Proficient in TMS (MercuryGate TMS, JDA, LeanLogistics, Manhattan Associates) functionality and reporting.
- Knowledge and use of routing (e.g., Omnitracs/Roadnet, Descartes) and telematics (e.g., PeopleNet, DriveCam) software.
- Experience designing and implementing network optimization models, and/or working with 3rd parties to do so.
- Background related to supply chain systems optimization, modeling, implementation, channel strategy, inventory management strategy or replenishment within a multi-tiered distribution environment.
- Experience managing a team or served as a project lead.
- Exposure to redesigning or changing network layouts or flow in distribution, manufacturing, or retail environments.
- Experience planning for and/or implementing large scale moves between facilities
Job ID 2019-35171
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.