Weekend Shift, Friday - Sunday, 6:00am – 4:30pm
Logistics done differently.
Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in the world by Fortune Magazine and one of America's best employers by Forbes. At XPO, our employees take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Material Handler for Packaging, you won't just be moving material, you'll be immersed in a dynamic environment fueled by achievement and a tenacious team spirit. If you're excited about the challenge of working for a fast-growing global company, we have an opportunity for you to grow with XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Empty, fill, sort, organize and wrap/unwrap product according to company expectations
- Properly build displays, fold cartons and work with palletized products
- Sort damaged products
- Safely operate various types of equipment and tools
- Correctly utilize a Warehouse Management System (WMS) and maintain appropriate work documents
- Maintain the cleanliness and order of work areas
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedural documents; basic math skills
- Knowledge of warehouse and packaging operations
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, with possible overtime when needed
It'd be great if you also have:
- Material handling certification
- 1 year of experience in warehouse and/or packaging operations
- Ability to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within precise standards of accuracy and within specific time limits; able to rate information using standards that can be measured or checked
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift, carry, push and pull up to 70 lbs.
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights
- Bend, stoop, squat, twist, push and pull
- Stand, sit or walk for long periods of time
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel tools or equipment
- Tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.