Mobile Service Technician
MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY
Must be at least 21 to drive in a DOT capacity
Position Schedule: Monday – Friday, with possible weekends
With convenience at our core, The Home Depot Rental allows you to save time and get the job done faster. In addition to a wide assortment of pro-grade tools, equipment, trucks, and trailers, we offer knowledgeable, resourceful, and dependable associates who are ready to provide solutions that will help finish the job or project at hand.
The Home Depot Rental operates in over 1100 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment, tools, trucks and trailer rental along with on-site equipment delivery. The large equipment fleet includes trenchers, chippers, mini-excavators, skid steers, aerial work platform equipment, and tractor loader backhoes among others. We have a large team of highly trained technicians, shop techs, and VIP Delivery Technicians and customer care associates throughout the United States and Canada.
We live our Core Values: Excellent Customer Service, Creating Shareholder Value, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Taking Care of Our People, Respect for All People, Doing the Right Thing, Building Strong Relationships, Giving Back
The Mobile Service Technician – Mechanic (MST) is responsible for creating and maintaining a thriving equipment rental business at the store by providing excellent customer service, having the right mix of equipment, and keeping the fleet rental ready at all times. This position is assisting area mechanics in construction/landscape equipment service. Must have experience and the ability to effectively apply that experience in a team or independent environment. Electrical repair experience is considered a plus and in some cases may be a requirement. Strong verbal and written communication, problem solving and strong mechanical skills are required. Must employ safe work practices to limit risk exposure to the customer, the public and self.
- Performing daily inspections on the equipment for rental readiness, and neat in appearance
- Performing needed repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment
- Initiating service calls and/or ordering parts needed for equipment repairs
- Assisting rental customers in determining the equipment needs and availability of equipment
- Training customers in the safe and proper operation of the equipment process
- Inspecting overall appearance of THD Rental Signage, inspecting equipment for proper security
- Training store associates in the safe and proper operation of the equipment and operating procedures
- In conjunction with THD Rental's Area Rental Manager's review performance of equipment at the store and recommend needed equipment or transfers of under-utilized equipment
- May visit other stores in the market to inspect Compact Power equipment and assist and train Home Depot associates
- Maintaining professionalism in appearance, dress, and personal contact
We offer a full array of benefits that include health, well-being, and financial. Please visit www.livetheorangelife.com for more details.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Ability to do mechanical repairs
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. safely
- Excellent communication skills – basic principles of customer service and selling
- Basic knowledge of compact construction equipment, including trenching and earthmoving machines
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in equipment rental industry (counter sales, customer service, etc.)
- Landscape/construction background a definite plus
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and all levels of employees
- Administrative skills for documenting and reporting information on equipment (Excel, Microsoft Office email, etc.)
- Strong computer skills
- Valid driver's license (ability to drive in a CMV capacity)
- High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Trade School – or equivalent experience