Overview This positon may be based anywhere in the Los Angeles metro area.
The Account Executive for the Contract Logistics business is responsible for selling and matching Yusen Logistics solutions for regional accounts within an assigned territory and/or maintaining and expanding service offering within existing accounts. This position works with the sales, operations, HR and support teams for achieving revenue generation, account management and customer satisfaction goals. Emphasis is generating new business and penetrating assigned target accounts in the key vertical markets. Account Executive sells/improves logistics solutions including, contract logistics, reverse logistics, transloading and other Yusen Logistics services. Establishes and maintains long-term strategic relationships that typically go beyond the sale of a single point solution.
Responsibilities New business development (70%) :
- Develop new business opportunities through research, prospecting and qualifying new opportunities. This will include customer visits & developing relationships within the defined geographical area or vertical market.
- Increase market share within assigned territory and achieve assigned financial budget for volume, revenue and profit.
- Prepare and present proposals, m ake recommendations for new services, extensions, or enhancements and overcome objections to closure.
- Handle sales leads from iYusen business units (both domestic and international). Send sales leads to overseas offices as appropriate.
- Successfully close new business and support the onboarding of new clients.
- Expected to meet Sales Targets assigned by management.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive account plan aimed at maintaining existing business and identifying the top new opportunities
- Identify and develop relationships with key decision makers at all levels within an account
- Understand customer's buying process and identify all buying influences
- Understand customer's business (strategically, operationally and financially)
- Manage communication strategy within new account development plan
- Lead Client Business Reviews
- Support implementations by providing input for Service Level Agreement (SLAs) and contract negotiations
- Increase market share and Yusen solutions within existing customer base.
- Maintain contact with all clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction. Resolve sales or client issues as they come up.
- Work with customers on solution proposals, , and new approaches to solving their supply chain challenges/opportunities.
- Recommend and offer solutions for customer needs And objectives based on their top business priorities
- May coordinate shipments with shippers, operations, trucker and carriers, on behalf of the customers.
- Coordinate with the credit department to establish lines of credit for new accounts and negotiate letters of credit.
- Provide reports on rates, use of carriers, major operational problems.
- May assist, communicate and follow-up with other U.S. and foreign offices regarding targeted or joint customers.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all branch operations departments.
- Participates and contributes to the development of educational programs offered to clients.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Participate in local business activities and events to gain networking opportunities and to expose the local market to the Yusen brand and value proposition.
- Bachelor's degree in related logistics field plus 5 or more years' related experience in Contract Logistics, TMS, freight forwarding, logistics, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level of organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer interaction - customer centric
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Persuasive and influential
- Ability to travel up to 30%
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.