- PO Entry into selected system C2C
- Discrepancy identification from vendor paperwork vs. purchase order. Packing coordinator should be able to properly identify discrepancy and either contact vendor for resolution or notify customer for resolution (depending on client preference). If Packing Coordinator is responsible for resolution of discrepancies, Packing Coordinator is expected to stay current on vendor contact/information received (at least once daily) and all correspondence with vendor is to be documented. If material is incorrectly received, it is the Packing Coordinator's responsibility to arrange for return with the vendor.
- Processing of material receipts in selected system
- Processing of release to pack (as per client specifications) of cargo in selected system
- Processing of release to deliver (for air freight shipments) and packing list preparation
- Proper filing of purchase orders/material receipts in pending files
- Proper email etiquette (including but not limited to timely replies to all emails received - within same day of receipt)
- Ability to properly identify presence of hazardous cargo and have split to new receiving's/obtain necessary documentation for shipment; and coordinate the packing with selected hazardous packing sub-contractor
- Ability to complete direct to dock shipments (which includes processing of documentation thru P.O. entry, material receipt processing, release to pack, package building, release to deliver, delivery tickets) in selected systems.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as work closely with warehouse personnel to ensure clients receipt of cargo and shipment preparation needs are met.
- Other packing coordinator related duties as directed by Supervisor/Director.
- Project Logistics/ Freight Forwarding/ Supply Chain experience
- Experience with generating/entering purchase orders, invoicing into a packing system
- Experience with air, ocean and ground transportation
- Experience with import/export regulations
- Ability to consistently multi-task
- Interfacing with multiple departments and facility locations
- Work efficiently and accurately with minimal supervision
- Must adhere to strict deadlines
- Experience in working direct with customer ( written and verbal)
- Excellent computer/system skills
- Excellent organizational skills with strict attention to details
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability and desire to work as a team player
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficiency in the use of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand/eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT: Normal working hours for this position are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however, overtime will often be required.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY: This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.