Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Lead Mechanic is responsible for supervising and directing the day to day work flow of shop personnel. The position is responsible for adhering to the company philosophy of being on-time, on spec and on-budget with regards to repairing industrial equipment. The Lead Mechanic will conduct him or herself in a professional manner at all times and treat other employees with courtesy and respect. This position will work in concert with the plant manager to train, develop and provide a safe working environment for all employees. This position is a working supervisor that facilitates initial inspections to diagnosis failures of industrial equipment and help sales produce an initial quote for repairing equipment. After a repair is approved, the lead mechanic will work with shop employees to provide an industry standard ISO 9001-15 quality repair for Wazee' s clientele.
- Able to direct others and self to read job cards to determine: job status, work authorizations/limitations, estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability.
- Ability to work within the construct of industry standards such as EASA and ISO9001-2015 and hold others accountable to these standards.
- Ability to understand and communicate customer standards and specifications.
- Test electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods (ac or dc).
- Able to direct others and self to disassemble electro-mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration, and condition.
- Clean electro-mechanical equipment assemblies as needed using various methods and steps, including but not limited to: parts washers/steamers, caustic tanks, glass beaders, etc.
- Measure for or note proper replacement parts. Correctly requisition needed items from storekeeper, as approved by supervisor.
- Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electro-mechanical assemblies, including but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, gears, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, brakes, clutches, clutch rotors, tachs, fans, end shields, etc.
- Retest reassembled electro-mechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection).
- Lift, tighten, adjust, and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work duties.
- Keep work area neat and clean as directed by supervisor.
- Assist other mechanics or other shop personnel in skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by plant manager.
- Perform other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor.
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle, operate tools/equipment, and/or feel, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk and hear.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed extreme cold and extreme heat (non-weather), and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment usually ranges from moderate to loud.
- Basic mechanical aptitude and the ability to lead and direct multiple employees.
- 5+ years experience in electro-mechanical field, electric motor repair field, or industrial repair of manufacturing equipment highly preferred.
- Ability to understand, perform and retain various skill-related training and operational and safety procedures demonstrated by supervisor.
- Ability to work well with others in a team effort.
- Rerquired minimum level of education: high school diploma.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.