2nd Shift, Monday – Friday, 10:30am – 7:30pm
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset. We're always on the lookout for leaders who will provide inspiration and education, as well as ensure organizational policies and procedures are understood and followed. As the Senior Operations Manager, you will oversee the daily operations of a warehouse supporting national returns processing and outbound order preparation for a multichannel distribution center. We'll count on your skills and years of experience to be a champion of company values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations and a bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Supervise warehouse associates, including motivating, coaching, training and disciplining staff
- Manage equipment and coordinate all maintenance needs
- Oversee inventory control processes; drive quality operations through application of Lean methodologies
- Create and monitor KPIs against targets; lead organization to meet or exceed KPIs
- Ensure put-away and picking activities in the distribution center are meeting operational needs
- Lead the operations team, supporting value-added service and outbound packing to meet/exceed lead time requirements
- Initiate and lead projects focusing on the improvement of cost/expense, safety, quality, delivery and morale
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 7 years of managerial/supervisory experience; experience managing other leaders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and with computerized scanner equipment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) operations
- Experience independently leading new/complex projects
- Proven ability to be a champion of XPO policies and processes
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or a related field
- Experience with operational startups or restructuring
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO environment
- Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvement knowledge and experience
- Experience in warehousing or Third-Party Logistics (3PL)
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment by monitoring and enforcing safety procedures across all departments
- Strong problem-solving techniques and statistical analysis skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights
- Stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.