Overview The Operations Specialist executes the Port Dray Service product on Import and Export container moves through active email communication, data exchange and verbal instructions with the customer, motor carriers, marine terminals and guided by the Sr. Account Manager for the portfolio of accounts assigned. The position is responsible for ensuring efficient operations, service performance, financial results and delivering exceptional customer services in the assigned areas of operations.
- Work in a team atmosphere to execute the daily operations plan
- Proactively manage the commercial relationship with accounts and carriers assigned to the team
- Data accuracy of 100% on all communications and data input
- On-going communication to ensure high level of service delivery- Whilst identifying further new business opportunities
- Monitor all shipments to ensure service performance against daily and weekly plan
- Update all required systems timely and accurately
- Ensure lowest cost operations to maintain and improve margin at all times
- Identify and communicate operational issues with the Sr. Account Manager and Sr. Operations Manager to resolution
- Demonstrate the value of Yusen through our continuous process improvement focus
- Waste audits to reduce muda
- Exhaust all additional revenue stream opportunities
- Must have full understanding of Operations - and be able to speak in such technical terms with carriers and customers
- Regularly liaising with customer's management team to identify new business opportunities and identifying new waste stream solutions to offer customers to extend our existing services
- Ensuring all customers understand the multiple service offerings of YLA
- H. S. diploma or GED.
- 1+ years' experience in supply chain / logistics / transportation Account Management, Customer Service, Inside Sales/Sales Support, Operations, or related functions may be considered.
- Port experience
- Strong Excel skills for data manipulation and efficiency
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to make timely decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.