Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The primary function of this position is to supervise a three shift operation in multiple departments. This position will be responsible for adjusting staffing, quality of daily production, cost reduction programs, safety, department budgets, and productivity. It is a progression position into salary supervision.
Provide support to Keene NH operations to enable operating areas to meet or exceed business plan targets for:
- Schedule Accomplishment: Manage the flow of product by assigning qualified associates to meet scheduling requirements that are driven by customers' demands for 100% on time delivery. Knowledge and use of plant scheduling systems and concepts is a key success factor. Utilize their expertise to advise the management team, analysts, planners, schedulers and maintenance supervisors on status of associates and machines to maximize uptime of key equipment.
- Operating Expense: Develop and implement tactics to reduce operating expense to meet business plan goals. Maximize the contributions of each associate in achieving departmental and business plan goals. Monitor selected measures to manage labor hours, supplies and other external costs. Promote and instill continuous improvement philosophy in all associates to identify, analyze and implement ideas that will measurably improve performance and constantly reduce operating costs.
- Throughput: Utilize machines and associates to meet the business plan goals. Manage scheduling, task lists, costing systems, and constraint management systems (ie JDE, Kanbans, ePIR, ERC, etc..) to meet customer order requirements. Monitor and manage work in process (WIP) to the proper operating levels in relation to the business plan targets and levels to sustain production expectations.
- Quality: Lead root cause problem solving process to implement corrective actions that address customer complaints and other scrap concerns. Adhere to the plans documented quality policies to sustain the QS/AS/ISO registrations. Responsible for all training, education and development of all associates. Ensure production of product meets or exceeds design specifications and tolerances.
- Associate Relations: Lead by example to foster an environment that is safe, clean and enables associates to work to their highest potential. Be accessible to associates and encourage two way interactive communication by having daily discussions and meetings. Initiate their participation by recognizing their accomplishments and efforts and respond to their suggestions. Delegate responsibilities whenever possible. Interject and manage the proper level of discipline when positive reinforcement fails. Evaluate performance of each associate and take corrective action to improve efficiency of each individual as needed. Promote, participate and communicate with associates about plant compliance with OSHA, EPA and safety standards. Through coaching and teamwork, enable associates to reach their full potential and take charge of their own personal development.
- Continuous Improvement: Solicit ideas from all associate levels within the plant. Conduct regular departmental team-meetings to communicate plane and department performance. Lead the CI effort to identify ideas and conduct fact based analysis to ensure rapid implementation that significantly improves performance. Securing and Controlling Premises: Administer and enforce all safety, health and environmental policies.
This individual may generate and/or handle regulated (i.e. hazardous/non-hazardous) waste as part of this job. This must be disposed of in accordance with federal/state regulations.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing principles and processes
- Experience leading associates
- 3-5 Years supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft office suite proficient-- Excel, Power point, SAP/MS Project experience preferred)
- High School Diploma required
- Associate degree in Management or Engineering preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.