Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Manage all functions - quality, inspection, certification, documentation, customer, quality/warranty issues and system approvals. Maintain third-party approvals for AS/ISO, NADCAP-heat treat, NADCAP-chemical process, and NADCAP-NDT along with various other customer approvals. This position is chiefly responsible for the overall quality of parts produced and serviced. This position is required to develop action plans to improve overall quality by analysis of historical and current data. This position is responsible for leading, directing, staffing and developing quality control/assurance personnel.
1. Implement a cost effective inspection system adequate to ensure the quality of the products.
2. Remain abreast of gauging, inspection, and statistical technology and manage all third party and customer quality audits and surveys.
3. Implement and coordinate corrective actions based on completed audits and surveys.
4. Assist all business units with the interpretation in development of procedures necessary to meet customer and third party requirements.
5. Function as the management representative for quality systems.
6. Visit customers and suppliers as necessary to support quality programs and/or issues.
7. Work with suppliers to improve overall quality and on time delivery.
8. Collect and analyze data with regard to internal rejections, receiving inspection results, and customer certification issues. Report the results at management review meeting to initiate improvement.
9. Initiate, lead and maintain defection prevention and corrective action programs based upon structured problem solving efforts to improve quality performance utilizing 5-why, 8D, and various statistical tools.
10. Develop training programs to ensure quality requirements and procedures are understood and met, as well as to support development of quality personnel and manufacturing leaders.
11. Manage FOCUS plans of direct reports.
12. Deploy and maintain TQMS and GQTS systems.
US Citizen or green card holder
Bachelors Degree in Industrial Management, Engineering or the like
Working Knowledge and 10 to 15 years of experience in Quality Control Engineering
Previous aerospace experience
Ability to effectively lead and manage associates
Strong technical writing skills
Strong problem solving skills
Strong knowledge in Inspection and Gauging Techniques
General manufacturing knowledge with aerospace experience
NDT/Heat Treatment experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.