Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position exists to convert customer demand into orders for suppliers of components both internal and external. The Supply Assurance Analyst is required to operate with the NAV system, solve relatively complex problems associated with matching supply to demand, achieving customer service, and inventory targets. The position requires that the individual has a working knowledge of NAV or SAP, component production, and work with outside vendors. At the Analyst level, the individual has the expertise to recognize major discrepancies with the system data (supply or demand related) and request and assist with the resolution.
- Manage the flow of components to our finished good production plants, working with outside suppliers by managing exceptions, creating purchase orders, and open order reports.
- Solve problems of supply within supplier capacity.
- Interface directly with the manufacturing facility to resolve supply problems; interface directly with the plant scheduler to resolve demand issues causing raw material or component supply issues.
- Achieve established customer service related goals for Availability to Request, OTD to Promise, and Stock-In rate.
- Achieve established statistical safety stock inventory levels to minimize impact of supply and demand variability on the above listed service performance metrics.
- Achieve established financial goals for the component and raw material inventory in dollars and/or days to adjust for demand volume.
- Being able to review the customer demand for product through NAV and having working knowledge of the specific production operations at the various suppliers to interpret this demand into how much and where this product should be produced.
- This requires the review of supplier orders with plants, suppliers, and strategic sourcing. This may result in the changes of supplier orders to meet demand targets.
- This also requires the ability to understand when to go to strategic sourcing to request more or less capacity at suppliers and make the necessary adjustments.
Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or Relative Discipline with 2+ years of experience
- Procurement experience in supply chain within a manufacturing organization
- Knowledge of bearing component production processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Analytical problem solving experience
- Excellent team skills
- Results focus oriented
- SAP functionality skills
- Knowledge of finished goods
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.