Overview Directs the operations, sales, customer service, accounting, personnel and facility control of a branch location; supervises branch operations in accordance with the policies and procedures established by Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing profitability of the branch.
- Confers with customers to evaluate and promote services in all areas impacting customer Service.
- Plans all sales and marketing activities in conjunction or consultation with the RVP and the Corporate Sales Department.
- Develops plans for efficient use of company resources (office equipment, supplies, vehicles and facility). Maintain them in good order.
- Responsible for securing suitable warehouse/office space, in conjunction with Yusen's Planning Department.
- Maintain the highest standard of customer service, business conduct, and operations control in accordance with corporate policy and motto: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation
- Accountable for all checks issuance at branch in accordance with company policies.
- Conducts proper auditing of all expenditures.
- Responsible for branch budget preparation and execution in accordance with Region and Corporate guidance
- Ensures continuous and satisfied communication with all other Yusen offices, domestic and international.
- Maintains follow-up procedures for collection of past due invoices.
- Develop and maintain a competitive and high-standard service provider resource for the branch operations such as air & ocean carriers, trucking, local service agents and suppliers. Review and negotiate on a regular basis to ensure competitive prices and services are provided.
- Report and conduct thorough investigations for any service failures, accidents misconducts, security issues or claims to the concerned Dept. for immediate support and/or response.
- Ensure all personnel abide by ISO 9001 quality systems and procedures, and TAPA, C-TPAT, TSA requirements.
- Manages branch employees: hires, terminates; determines salaries and promotions after consultation with HR. Responsible for performance evaluations and goal setting for management staff in the branch.
- Associates' Degree plus seven or more years' related experience in freight forwarding.
- 4+ years of management/supervisory experience required.
- Must have extensive knowledge of both Import and Export Operations (Air & Ocean) in an International Freight Forwarder organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.