Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
H&N Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC, is now hiring a full-time technical outside route sales representative in the Pacific Northwest region in a territory primarily comprised of portions of eastern Washington, northeastern Oregon, and northern Idaho.
The roles of this position include:
- Maintain and improve sales to existing customer accounts as well as develop new accounts in the assigned territory.
- Sell powertrain components' repair to include electric motors, variable frequency drives, switchgear, and gearboxes. Technical knowledge in these areas is a must.
- This position safely and timely picks up from and delivers to customers' repaired apparatus, apparatus to be serviced and new motors, parts, and controls.
- This position requires a highly motivated individual that is results-oriented and a self-starter. This position will report to the District Sales Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have an established in-depth knowledge of customers and markets within the assigned territory.
- Visit customer sites and perform informal, preliminary equipment surveys as required. Provide direct liaison support to Field Service problems when required.
- Be knowledgeable of electric motors, switchgear, gearboxes, and component manufacturing, repair, and test procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of company product offerings and their related prime market applications and aftermarket potential.
- Create comprehensive quotes/proposals to meet customer's requirements. Ability to follow up and convert opportunities into profitable sales.
- Be able to assess and analyze the territory market needs and customer base to create an effective market plan. Must be able to gain intimate knowledge of customers' projects and strategies.
- Be able to manage time and priorities for maximum efficiency and sales effectiveness with the available resources.
- Be accountable for accurate sales call reporting, quotation follow up and closing transactions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform closely within a team environment while at the same time possessing the ability to proceed independently when required with minimal supervision, even when multiple priorities exist.
- Have the flexibility to meet sometimes demanding travel requirements and spend significant time making customer visits within the assigned territory. Approximately 75% travel will be required (may include some overnight stays).
- Be able to build customer confidence in the ability of the company and you to meet their needs.
- Possess good problem solving skills with the ability to utilize persuasive sales techniques to gain customer confidence.
- Be able to develop and maintain an efficient travel routing system to include an organized and efficient loading/unloading system.
- Provide the customer with an accurate delivery ticket and picking list.
- Be able to regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
- Exhibit personal confidence and professionalism in all business processes.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous route driving experience (CDL not required)
- 1-2 years technical motor sales experience
- Forklift Certification
- High School Diploma Required. Associate Degree preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Timken fosters a drug-free work environment.