Overview WORK WEEK: Tuesday - Friday, 9:00 AM- 6:00 pm and Saturday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The Export Agent II facilitates the shipment of cargo via transport. The Export Agent II is also responsible for receiving shipping instructions and following customer specific guidelines in the preparation and transmission of export transactions. This includes overseeing processes from booking through confirmation of shipping and supporting other assignments as needed.
- Communicate with Yusen operations origin and destination locations regarding shipment status, special handling and delivery processes.
- Monitor and manage shipments until completion.
- Keep customers appraised to the export details of transactions in accordance with local office export operation procedures.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of export documentation - review and verify documentation and obtain any missing documentation from the customer(s).
- Build professional relationships with all customers, other offices, overseas agents and service providers.
- Review standard operating procedures to ensure compliance, TSA, Quality Assurance Standards, TAPA, and IMDG.
- Report anomalies in operations and new customer requirements to management for decisions on additional service requirements.
- Responsible for meeting key performance indicators for operations.
- Support other duties and projects as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years' work experience in export operations in a related environment.
- A combination of equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Knowledge of air space configurations; air ULD loads; special loading constraints; and certificate for handling hazardous materials or related experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions.
- Ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work independently in a professional manner to meet internal and external customer's requests.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel and Outlook, etc.).
- Must work with utmost honesty and integrity.
- Must have effective organizational and time management skills
- Cargowise experience a plus.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date.
- 401k with a company match.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.