The Customer Relationship Manager will serve as the commercial interface between the customer and Agility for the nominated/assigned account(s) as defined by the branch manager. As part of the business development and customer relations process, they will field customer requests and initiate internal issue resolution. Develops procedures, establishes standards, and administers activities to assure accurate order entry, efficient shipment tracking, and timely delivery of products to customers. This role is also responsible for effective response to customer requests, problems, and special needs. Works closely with marketing and sales, operations, maintain current and strong relationships while growing net revenue of assigned branch accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and monitor customer service performance standards
- Develop processes to identify customer problems and resolve them expeditiously and efficiently
- Manage customer escalations and provide corrective action plan(s)
- Manage the Master Service Agreement and contractual obligations
- Review and develop Key performance Indicators (KPI) with customer, commercial team and product groups
- Manage data quality and ensure resolution
- Drive strategic and internal process initiatives
- Engage internal teams/resources such as operations/quality/ implementation/client service teams etc. as required
- Coordinate pricing and other ad-hoc rating to support the account manager(s) to drive customer revenue growth
- Maintain close relationships with clients through regular face to face meetings
- Responsible for revenue retention and year over year growth objectives as directed by the branch management
- Support the Quarterly Business Review (QBR) process if required
- Support invoice audits, rebates
- Manage customer KPI's
- Initiate and manage operational review meetings with operations/branch teams, customer and document as required
- Work with BM to improve cash flow, account receivables support (as it relates to the payment terms)
- Gather, develop and manage the customer reporting solutions in conjunction with the Implementation group or branch manager
- All other commercial duties as assigned by the Branch Manager
- Voice of the customer.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of working experience in the freight forwarding and/or transportation industry in a customer facing capacity.
- Strong ability to maintain relationships at various levels throughout the customer organization.
- Proven working experience of various international transportation products.
- +2 years sales experience in the freight forwarding/logistics industry required
- Good business acumen and commercial skills.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Strong ability to adjust communication style depending on audience and variance of customer requirements (can you make this sound better? Essentially the ask is to understand DISC and be able to actually adjust how you are trying to communicate something to someone.
- Broad end-to-end background in logistics and supply chain with core focus on freight forwarding
- Project Management background preferred
- Organizational skills including prioritizing, planning, assigning and controlling objectives
- Ability to interact at all levels in an organization with strong inter-personal skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently or as part of a team with varied backgrounds/functions/products
- Result oriented and places great emphasis on customer focus
- Self-directed and motivated with a strong sense of urgency, focus on outcomes and drive for success with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and data management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills-persuasive, empathetic, and able to handle conflict and pressure
- Effective listener and communicator who shows empathy for the client's needs while continuing to fulfill the standard obligations of Agility
- Must be able to work with little direction and is conscientious of deadlines