Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Entry level maintenance position which performs a variety of operations associated with Preventative Maintenance, routine maintenance, and basic mechanical repairs on machinery and other special purpose equipment used in manufacturing precision bearing products in the Timken Keene plants.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on machinery and other plant support equipment
- Responsible for ensuring all routine maintenance inspections, checks, and tasks are performed. (IE: cleaning, washing, coolant systems, and others)
- Perform material handling tasks on a wide variety of materials, supplies, and wastes produced in the plant. (Includes both non-hazardous and hazardous materials)
- Process various wastes generated by manufacturing operations. (IE: waste-water, turning chips, grinding sludge, and other general waste)
- Assist other maintenance associates on more complex work.
- Work breakdown, 90% mechanical and 10% electrical.
- This individual may generate and/or handle regulated (i.e. hazardous/non-hazardous) waste as part of this job. This must be disposed of in accordance with federal/state regulations.
Ability to frequently pick-up and carry heavy objects
Ability to work safely around chemicals and lubricants
Knowledge in the use of general machine tools
Ability to read drawings, charts, graphs and other diagrams
Ability to use various lifting and transporting devices
High School Graduate or Equivalent
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.