Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
General Sales Manager
Responsible for executing and accomplishing the division's plans for products, programs, and services. Manages sales activities of organization by performing the following duties personally and through subordinate supervisors.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, forecasts, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Coordinates division sales activities by establishing sales territories, sales plans, and individual goals for salespeople. Maintains follow-up reports on their activities and progress to goals.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, pricing profiles, discount rates, and potential new sales channels.
- Recommends budget, expenditures, and appropriations for division sales function. Responsible for achieving division's approved sales expense plan.
- Interviews, trains, and conducts performance evaluations with sales people to build, develop, and control sales functions in the division.
- Implements the corporate sales plan including products, promotions, and customer services, in accordance with corporate scheduling and objectives. Maintains follow-up and reports accomplishments to division and corporate management.
- Analyzes sales data to formulate sales action plans and to assist sales force in achieving their goals. Prepares periodic sales reports as requested by management.
- Periodically calls on local chain and independent accounts to conduct business reviews and access needs and satisfaction.
- Coordinates follow-up on all chain agreements, including resolution of store level problems and logistics with DC management.
- Assists other departments within organization to create sales promotions for customers. Represents company at trade association meetings to promote company products and services.
- Must have valid driver's license and automobile insurance.