National Accounts Manager with a focus on the Food and Beverage Industry
USABlueBook is a Business Unit within HD Supply and is the nation's leading distributor of Maintenance, Repair, and Operational Supplies to the Water & Wastewater Industry. USABlueBook helps to protect and provide clean water to municipalities serving populations of 3,000 - 30,000 people, strategic large metropolitan areas, and strategic industrial markets. Customer delight is driven by Consultative sales representatives, supported by live Customer Service hours of operation convenient for customers from coast to coast and a Supply Chain that ships 95% of in-stock items the same day provided orders are received by 6:00 p.m. Eastern time.
Associate satisfaction and fulfillment is driven by a fast paced, flexible, agile, entrepreneurial, work environment!
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Build relationships and develop plans to increase sales and profitability for targeted national accounts and make purchasing decisions. Drive sales by creating, executing and communicating business plans to grow sales for HD Supply. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develops and maintains business relationships. Strategically plans customer visits to cultivate relationships, perform presentations, offer innovative programs and communicate plans.
- Researches, develops and acquires account opportunities. Effectively communicates competitive strengths and develops strategy to acquire competitive business.
- Develops and executes profitable business plans for managing existing and newly acquired accounts and implements those plans effectively.
- Negotiates national contracts and rebate programs consistent with industry management goals.
- Teams with individuals within sales, and other key corporate personnel to communicate account plans, pricing, and offer assistance to drive sales. Responsible for linking to other HD Supply entities where appropriate.
- Participates in local and national trade associations and conferences.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Water / wastewater experience preferred
- Strong background / experience in sales management.
- Sound food and beverage industry and process knowledge.
- Knowledge / trained in Consultative Selling Skills.
Job Locations US-IL-Chicago - US-IL-Chicago - US-GA-Atlanta - US-TX-Houston - US-MA-Boston
Posted Date 1 month ago (10/29/2019 12:45 PM)
Job ID 2019-34190
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? Yes
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 60607
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.