Route Development Manager
Responsible for developing business to/from TAEB/TAWB and the Southeast area by multiplying through the Transatlantic and Southeast field sales channels.
The Area Route Development Manager – is the senior business development person within a named area or sub-region responsible to manage and coordinate the regional product or trade development interests. This position's main priority is fostering new business growth of the assigned route, and of his/her portfolio, and not on retention or price procurement.
Main Responsibilities and Activities:
- Work with the area trade and product managers to pursue sales strategies, target lists, volume goals, etc. for all field sales within the sub-region.
- Communicate, align and ensure execution of said strategies together with local and regional sales resources plus nominated overseas counterparts.
- Make recommendations of strategic nature to ensure sustained growth of Kuehne Nagel's market share in these traffic lanes.
- Required to maintain minimum number of own accounts as defined by ZS/ZV.
- Make regular CSTs in order to drive overseas sales.
- Coordinate visitor CSTs into the area with the area sales team.
- Actively participate with ZS, and trade management in product enhancements, developments and pricing discussions.
- Report to the regional management on a quarterly basis as defined by ZS/ZV
KPI's and Reporting
- Standard sales reporting through SPMS and KPI program.
- Field sales contribution volume reporting for defined trade/route.
- Other reporting to be defined by the area sales manager.
PROBLEM SOLVING and DECISION MAKING
- Selling within trade relevant Industry Verticals.
- Selling an integrated Supply Chain.
- The ability to succeed within a matrix sales process.
- Seasonal volume and pricing fluctuations.
- Regional trade and competitor constraints.
- Develop of strategic customer development campaigns (near, short and longer term campaign development strategies).
- KN Trade and Product features and benefits.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor degree in Business or equivalent experience.
- Trade and Product development experience.
- Operational knowledge of the trade.
- Client presentation experience.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years' experience in industry business development and/or research and development arena.
- Requires direct sales experience.
- Requires an understanding of basic operational processes within the trade.
- Executive level presentation skills - Selling to C level, Vice Presidents and Directors.
- Ability to work within a matrix organization.
- Ability to motivate sales team in a collaborative style.
- Proven tenacity to close.
- Seasoned listening skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Able to speak persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Self-disciplined, strong leadership and motivational abilities.
- Creative ability in developing sales strategies and solutions and in presenting innovative solutions to customers.
- Experience with Logistics processes, systems and solutions.
- Microsoft Office applications experience
- English Mandatory requirement.
- Language related to Trade Lane- Very Important.
GOOD REASONS TO JOIN
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
ABOUT KUEHNE NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
Kuehne Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.