Vice President of Sales
Responsible for the sale of the organization's products in a specified region or major geographical area. Provides ongoing support to product distribution channels. Responsible for ensuring the growth of the company by maximizing existing business and through the development of new business via sales, product marketing and customer support strategies. Hires, trains, guides, mentors and motivates sales personnel. Implements and, when needed, renders sales and service support functions for targeted markets and programs. Is the front line, field sales resource to mentor manage and coach the consultative "platform" selling methodology, including KN global sales and marketing concepts.
- Establishes clear departmental sales working instructions, analyzes and performs ongoing process improvements.
- Responsible for the execution of North East sales goals in alignment with KN Business Units.
- Development prospecting, qualifying, and acquiring of new customers.
- Facilitate efficient communication and interaction with the business fields.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate/tie into corporate goals.
- Determines market strategies & goals for each product and service.
- Researches and develop list of potential customers.
- Maintains up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training and evaluations to develop and control established sales program(s).
- Directs trade lane/channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, goals, etc.
- Advises external customer base, contacts, vendors about sales and advertising programs underway.
- Analyzes/reviews sales statistics to formulate a change if/when needed.
- Represents company at client meetings.
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients.
- Meets with key clients and assists sales personnel with maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing deals.
- Interface between sales department and other departments within/outside of the company.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of department/division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Prepares necessary sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and offerings of the competition.
- Recommends budget, expenditures, capital appropriations and effectively manage sales budget for the region.
- Tasked with sales revenue/profit growth for assigned region.
- May carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning/directing work, evaluating performance, disciplinary action and/or addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Domestic and, possibly, international travel required.
- May also have additional responsibilities in accordance with supporting a specific division(s)/territory(ies), global focus/involvement, and/or be tasked with specific, individualized assignments.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Requires a minimum of 6 years of sales field experience with at least 3 years in a sales management position or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Rate quoting, Logistics Planning and Operational Optimization. Account allocation, account selling strategies, team building, local area sales campaigns, customer event planning, sales performance evaluations
- Capable of generating creative solutions
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Able to gather and analyze information
- Respond promptly to customer needs and solicit customer feedback to improve service
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate group presentation skills and be able to speak persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Prioritize and plan work activities
- Set goals and objectives and develop realistic plans
GOOD REASONS TO JOIN
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
ABOUT KUEHNE NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
Kuehne Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.