Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall management of warehouse activities for a major energy account
- Customarily and regularly directs the work of warehouse employees ensuring operational excellence
- Understands and utilizes the software system to accomplish daily routine jobs.
- Has ability to be hands-on in all related tasks
- Ensures accuracy of inventory in support of company on-time delivery and client order fulfillment goals.
- Develops and implements inventory control procedures and conducts daily inventory analysis to solve any arising inventory problems
- Create reports and conduct data analysis of on-hand inventory and annual physical inventory
- Coordinates and manages weekly physical cycle counts.
- Gather and analyze all aspects of inventory analytics and activities including reviewing large volumes of data from multiple data sources and collection methods with respect to processing, warehousing and fulfillment.
- Support supply chain with analysis related to warehousing, Inventory, and SMI reserve
- Create, update and distribute standardized KPI dashboards and key activities for warehouse staff
- Assist in setting metrics, targets and KPI's supporting the company's operating and financial commitments.
- Ensure all inventory is stored safely to reduce the risk of damage
- Compile inventory reports and issue them to management as required.
- Oversees receiving and checking functions
- Oversees all packing functions
- Oversees shipping functions
- Assists with site surveys and cargo inspections
- Oversees customer service activities related to all warehouse functions
- Implements corrective and preventive actions
- Accomplishes customer service team leader objectives by interviewing, hiring and supervising the support staff, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Preparing and completing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying customer service trends; determining system improvements and driving implementation of necessary change.
- Retains updated job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Responsible for the security of the warehouse
- Responsible for ensuring a safe work environment
- 5+ years of warehouse experience required
- 5+ years of management experience highly preferred
- High Level Excel and Data Analysis skills are a MUST ((Pivot tables, VLOOKUP's, and Indexing)
- High school diploma required
- EDI experience
- Experience in developing standards and procedures
- Skilled in analyzing data and production planning
- Job and performance reporting experience
- Process Improvement abilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience highly preferred
- Operational knowledge of DOT, HAZMAT, TSA security, customs regulations, OSHA, Forklift certification and training, shipping and receiving, distribution, documentation, and compliance highly preferred
- Trucking, transportation, or logistics experience a plus
- Experience with Oracle WMS Preferred
- Effective leadership skills
- Ability to manage employees
- High aptitude for numbers and data analysis, quick learner, problem-solver
- Detail oriented, accurate with good organizational and time management skills
- Multi-tasking ability in a complex product flow environment is a must. This would include the ability to analyze financial data as it relates to inventory values, inventory turns, case movement, storage, handling, transportation and related cost as well as basic P&L review and resulting action steps
- Time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-managing and pro-active
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate in global environment
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel and other technical software is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is often required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however, overtime will often be required.